Browse queries by topic
- ADR: Employment
- Atypical Working
- Collective Consultation
- Contracts of Employment
- Cross-border and Immigration
- Directors and Employees: Restructuring and Insolvency
- Discipline, Internal Investigations and Grievances
- Discrimination: Employment
- Employee Data, Monitoring and Privacy
- Employment Appeals
- Employment Status and Independent Contractors
- Employment Tribunals
- Equal Pay
- Families and Pregnancy
- General Contract and Boilerplate
- Legal Concepts and Miscellaneous
- Pay and Benefits
- Policies and Procedures: Employment
- Redundancy and Business Reorganisation
- Restrictive Covenants, Confidentiality and IP
- Sickness and Incapacity
- Taxation: Employment
- Termination of Employment
- Transfer of Shares: Employment
- Transfer of Undertakings
- Working Time and Time Off
How should the employer be described in a contract of employment if it is a trust?
If a tribunal awards compensation for an "unnotified deduction" under section 12(5) ERA 1996, how is this assessed?
Will a compromise agreement be effective where there is no monetary consideration?
When do guarantee payments need to be paid?
How should SMP be paid to an employee who has been made redundant and remains entitled to it?
Can a party present evidence at a PHR as well as submissions?
Can an agency worker opt out of Sunday working?
Can a claimant who has paid a deposit to the tribunal get a refund if the claim is settled?
Can a tribunal apply a 25% uplift twice in the same case if there are two separate breaches of the Acas Code?
If the claimant has a solicitor, can the respondent employer contact the claimant directly to discuss settlement?
- Can you include a clause in the contract requiring the employee to be a witness after termination?
- Could an employee be guilty of misconduct if they institute insolvency proceedings against their employer?
- Can an employer give casual workers holiday from day one but make monthly-paid workers work for a month first?
- Does an employment tribunal litigant against whom costs are being sought have a right to a hearing?
- Can a claimant who has paid a deposit to the tribunal get a refund if the claim is settled?
Our quality starts with our people.
PLC's employees are not practising solicitors or barristers. The Ask PLC scope and rules apply.